Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Devil Wears Lace by L.B. Shire

Devil Wears LaceWild West and romance. I love books like this. And the chick isn't wearing a dress and washing clothes in a river, but wearing britches, packing a gun, and entering a horse race. 


She's hell-bent on revenge. Some fella shot her husband and child dead long ago and she's going to shoot him dead--after he hands over the race money that she means to win. It's a race of no rules so naturally, people are being killed left and run.

Sara happens to be competing again a man she thinks she loves too. She wants his body, that's for sure. So, we got a tough chick beating up bartenders, shooting men dead, riding her mare to victory, getting revenge, and having hot sex. 


A great read. My one quibble: I felt like the beginning of the story was missing. I think this could have been better as a novel. I'd love to have seen her before her family was murdered, watched how she changed afterwards, how she learned to shoot a gun, how she found her sister and the ban of outlaws. I felt we could have had a whole novel here. 


Four bikes. I bought this on Kindle.




No comments:

Post a Comment