Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dancing in the Shine by Diane Lynn McGyver

Dancing in the ShineI came across this author on a blog today, and was so excited and inspired by  her words about strong women characters, I immediately sought out her work. To my great pleasure, two pieces were free on smashwords. I was terribly excited by this because this allowed me to sample her style before buying the big book.

I am not disappointed. This was a powerful short story with a terrific message. You can do it!! You can get away. Reach deep within yourself and find it. It's there: courage.


The story is about a woman who is trapped in an abusive relationship in a horrible family. A search for her birth certificate leads to a surprising discovery and possibly a new identity: if she wants.


Like many women caught in controlling relationships, she's found herself making excuses and trapped in a vicious cycle. Just when you think she's going to do it, she does something else, and then something else. The ending artfully took a shocking twist and had me on the edge of my seat.


Very well done. Five bikes. I downloaded this from smashwords.





No comments:

Post a Comment