Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jen Morales Gets A Clue by Claire Matthews

Jen Morales Gets A Clue (Lucy Wagner #2)This is the sequel to Lacy Wagner Gets In Shape and I loved that book. I couldn't wait to download this one.

First, I have to say, it's not as funny as the first. Second, it's not as long. That's not a bad thing, just something I noticed. Though I must say everything felt like it was happening overnight. Third, I don't like Jen as much as I did Lucy. I liked Jen just fine in book one, but being in her thoughts this time, she is somewhat Anti-Lucy and jealous and that put me off at moments. Have to admit all women are like that at some point or another though.


This continues where the first one left off, basically letting us readers have a final conclusion to Lucy and Will's story with a chunk of Jen's crazy love life thrown in.


Jen and Dax have broke up. He was too much of a slob. She kicks him out and of course, wants him back when she sees him with someone else... temporary eye rolling moment there, BUT there is actually so much more going on here. I won't say what.


I appreciated that Jen was a honest and real character, not perfect like so many romance novels try to portray women. I liked the picture frame thing and Kevin Ho stuff. I actually wonder if there will be a book three featuring Kevin Ho and his new love interest.


A good, solid read. Four bikes.





No comments:

Post a Comment