Friday, March 29, 2013

TOURMENTIN (Mystic Muse Novella series (New Adult) #1) by Michelle Cornwell-Jordan

TOURMENTINI think this is the first new adult book I've read. Or maybe the second. It's college-age people, told like YA, but with more adult themes and situations.


A young woman heads to a hotel in New Orleans...is drawn to a portrait. Word is the man in the portrait haunts the hotel, searching for his 100-year-old love. He, in turn, is haunted (or stalked) by some crazy hoodoo woman who never ages. She loves him. He loves someone else. It's a triangle...and the heroine ends up trapped because she is Serafine reincarnated.

Only she has to be told that and come to feel it as well.

I was entertained as I read this. I honestly thought for a while there that there was not going to be a happy ending. I didn't know what was going to happen next, that's for sure.

I'd have liked to see more emotion and detail in some spots, but again, this is new adult. I liked the hoodoo aspect. He he. I'd love more data on that, crazy lady that I am. LOL I've just always found that fascinating. I also like the parallel universe thing and my favorite part is when Emile steps over. That was new for me and I was intrigued.

I also liked that is has closed-door sex. I don't need all the details, you know? It seems so rare nowadays to find closed-door sex.

I signed up for a review copy of this over on Goodreads.


1 comment: