Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Characterizations from Caroline Flevy's Welcome to the Family

To celebrate her very first book release, we have Caroline Flevy on the blog today talking about the characters in her book, Welcome to the Family.

Hi Tara, firstly many thanks for having me on your blog. *waves* A big hello to all your lovely followers. 

This is an exciting time for me. The release of Welcome to the Family is quite a big deal. It’s my first Novel to be published, so it’s all extra shiny and exciting. Although to be honest I think I will be getting this excited with every book I publish.


I have been pondering on what to do this blog post about, as you have been kind enough to leave it as a guest post, so I have free reign to run amuck all over your blog lol... I jest 

I have decided to make this post about one of the characters from the book, I don’t know about you, but I often wonder about the little things that you don’t always get to know via the book. Like, has Jesaray really turned off her feelings that completely there is no coming back & has she got a man in her life at the moment?

All about.... Jesaray Ladislav



Yes it’s rude to ask a lady her age and vampires especially do not share their age, the older they get the stronger they are. But I did ask for you, and Jesaray has admitted to being one hundred and fifty one years old on her last birthday.

Jesaray Ladislav is Angel’s mother. Tricked by Gideon Winters into thinking he loved her, they got pregnant. But all too soon she realises Gideon is not the man he made out to be. Leaving him, she has Angel and places her in the human world, where she knows Gideon will never think to look.

While Angel is growing up Jesaray decides to do something about Junta, a rebel faction of the vampire nation who will think nothing of killing humans, leaving themselves and other members of the community open to discovery.

Training hard she works her way up the ranks rapidly. She is a hard headed woman who has turned off her emotions... it’s the only way she can cope with the loss of her daughter.

Now she is the leader of the Desory. The elite group formed by parliament to track down any vampire that breaks the law, but their main function is to stop Junta at all costs from revealing the supernatural community to the human’s.

Of course Jesaray doesn’t do this alone, she has her trusted protector along the way to help.

John Franks



John is a Were-panther, and yes he and Jesaray are lovers. They say they have such a hectic life, and a dangerous one to boot, that they don’t care for the rules. Plus Jesaray already broke one of the most sacred laws, by having Angel without a bond in place. Not that this is common knowledge.

Jesaray does have one passion, Pinkie her pet pig. She considers herself way too busy to have hobbies, but Pinkie is always lavished with her love and time. This is where her emotions do show, as she cares deeply for Pinkie, and makes sure if she is away from home, that she is well taken care of.


Jesaray doesn’t make time for friends. It’s either John, or Pinkie that get her attention. One day she will include her daughter, but she will have to wait until the change has taken place, and she knows Angel will be able to protect herself.

Jesaray does have a liking for the finer things in life. Truffles are one of her favourites.



Luckily being the head of the Desory pays well, as she doesn’t have time to maintain her properties, she trusts her trinity helper Nancy to keep them in order.

Music is the one thing that can travel easily with them these days, at the moment Jesaray is partial to a bit of Michael Buble, you make me feel so young is one of her all time favourites.




Well Jesaray has decided that’s enough of her secrets out there, so she will say farewell and keep safe. I would just like to say many thanks for letting me share a little more about Jesaray and I hope you enjoy Welcome to the family as much as I loved writing it.



Blurb
“Do you believe in things that go bump in the night?”

At only a few hours old, Angela is left on the steps of St Paul’s church. Alone in the world, the only link she has to her past is a pink blanket bearing an emblem with two crossed swords and a snake.
A troubled childhood spent in orphanages leads to Angela attempting to rebuild her shattered life as an adult. Meeting the priest who found her eighteen years previously, she gets a job and a boyfriend, and settles into her new life.
Until she meets Jack.
Drawn to her new boss, she throws herself into work, feeling an unusual bond with people she hasn’t known very long.
Angela becomes embroiled in this new life, feeling a change within herself. A change which isn’t altogether human. Within this change she finds a terrifying secret…a secret which involves her past, her present, and definitely her future…

Trailer


Author Bio
I was born in Chatham, Kent in 1970. I now live in Yorkshire with my daughter and our five mad cats.
My first memories of any book would have been my mother reading The Enormous Turnip. It must have driven her mad, as it was always our first choice when asked what we should read tonight.
I grew up with the classics; Little Women, The Railway Children, but it would have been The House That Died and Bluebeard that I remember wanting to read.

I can remember writing a verse for the school song, and being chosen as a winner for what was then 3rd year juniors. I stopped reading so much in my late teens to my mid twenties. Life seemed to always be too busy for that pile of books I so wanted to read. It was when I went into hospital to have my daughter, that I had time to read again--and thankfully I haven’t stopped since.

However, it wasn’t until my late twenties that I realised I wanted to write. I have spent a few years trying to complete an online creative writer’s course; without much success, but it led me to what I am writing now. So never give up if you really want to write!

I am very influenced by Fantasy fiction / Horror, most of the books I read are in this genre. I have many Authors I like to follow; Anne Rice was very influential in the beginning. I also discovered Laurel K Hamilton and many, many more. I could go on about different Authors I like to read. However, I will say that this year I have also discovered there are literally, well, probably thousands of very talented Indie Authors out there. And a very welcoming and friendly bunch they are too, but I digress--yes, I get very excited about the subject of books!
I have finished my first novel called Welcome To The Family, which will be published April 29th 2013. I also have other novels in the pipeline, Nikki’s Revenge and Protecting The Family, due out later in the year.

Author Links

Book Links



No comments:

Post a Comment