Sunday, July 7, 2013

Enticing the Spymaster (War Girls #2) by Julie Rowe

Enticing the Spymaster (War Girls, #2)I have mixed feelings about this book. It's a good story with the right amount of suspense, war, and romance. It has a decent amount of historical data too. You feel as though you've gone back. And as usual with a Julie Rowe story, you have a fair amount of medical stuff--which is educational as well as entertaining.

And it's well written, if a bit short for the seriousness of the situation and the topic chosen: WWI.

But I love the heroine, Jude, a nurse and lady spy in one. I loved the way she stood up to the hero. I didn't like him much at all. That's my problem, I'd say. He has no faith in women, doesn't think they belong in the war, blah blah blah...

"Back in England, he'd make sure her father kept her home..."

I failed to see what the heroine saw him in. She even says she doesn't want a man like the following:

"Believes all women are stupid and their only functions are to have babies or host parties..."

It all works out in the end though. I'll give them that. I appreciated the ending. There was a moment of incredible suspense when I doubted they were going to get that ending. It takes good writing to make me forget that there's going to be a HEA 'cause it's required. LOL

While I struggled with the first half--the hero's bossiness and constantly kissing the heroine even though she had told him not to touch her ever again--I enjoyed the last half very much. I LOVE that the woman saves the day. I also enjoyed the additional character. It was a good surprise and I hope to see more of this person in book three.

I received this from netgalley.



No comments:

Post a Comment