Sunday, July 28, 2013

Honeymoon in Paris by Jojo Moyes

I see so many people complaining nowadays about stories being too short. But I must say...I fail to see what they're griping about when sometimes a short story has all that you need and then some.

Like this one.

It's one of those multi-time stories. There's a modern-day story and a story a hundred years before, both involving newly weds honeymooning in Paris. Each wife is confused and miserable due to some misunderstanding. Through a painting, their stories connect.

There's a moral here: too often we create problems that don't really exist and make things worse in the process. We must also be careful who we give the  power to influence us and in turn, make us miserable.

This short story had everything a story needs: romance, moral, humor (Totally LOL'd during the historical bar scene), and suspense. I honestly wasn't sure what was going to become of these couples. I already wanted to read Ms. Moyes's The Girl You Left Behind, but now I just want to read it even more.





I obtained this via netgalley.


No comments:

Post a Comment