Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Editing Services

With today's self-publishing industry, everyone can make their dreams come true, and I'd like to help you do that. You have a story and the words with which to tell it. I have the skills to make it go from great to fabulous. 



Don't let typos hold you back from the bestseller list.

I'm currently seeking to expand my client list. I have lowered my rate from $3.25 per thousand words to $3.00 per k.

Experience: I have been editing for two years and have completed over a hundred manuscripts in that time period. Genres include nonfiction, fiction, romance, young adult, historical, contemporary, erotic, and more. Authors I have edited for: Lorraine Nelson, Victoria Vane, Megan D. Martin, Laura DeLuca, Lacey Wolfe, and others. I can provide a CV upon request as well as references.

What I do: My above-mentioned fee includes two read throughs of any MS. I do both content and copy. I watch for misspelled or misused words, head hopping, passive voice, comma usage, hyphen placement, dialogue and action tags, telling vs showing, and more. All of my changes are tracked.

Payment: I require half the fee upfront, via paypal. The rest is collected when I have returned your round-one edits.

Contact me --tchevrestt(at)yahoo(dot)com or click on the link to the left-- to discuss dates for editing your manuscript. We'll make it shine.

"I have known Tara for two years. It has been my pleasure to have her edit two of my titles. The experience became a partnership. She impressed me with her willingness to discuss the editorial process beforehand. Her technical expertise and creative solutions helped improve both manuscripts." --Lisa J. Yarde, multi-published author

"Tara is a wonderful editor and quite responsive to your needs and questions. She has a sharp eye for detail and an ear for dialogue. She also knows how to ask the right questions to get your creative juices working in the right direction for your story." --Dahlia DeWinters, multi-published romance author

"Tara has been insightful, encouraging, prompt, and above all, very professional in all her dealings with me. She’s a terrific editor. With her help, we have produced highly saleable novels for readers to enjoy. It was a pleasure to work with her." --Lorraine Nelson, bestselling romance author


*****At this time, I am only booking one client, one book a month, so do contact me in advance. If your book is over 75k, I will need two months. I am now working full time outside of the home. Thank you for your understanding.*****

No comments:

Post a Comment