Thursday, April 9, 2015

@WomenOn20s Fighting for A Woman's Face on a Twenty-Dollar Bill in 2020. You Can Too!

womenon20s-quadrant-profile.jpgSo I just read an article on Yahoo that got me all excited. There is a group of women--Women on 20's-- who started a petition to get a woman on the 20-dollar bill. 20 because in 2020, it will be 100 years since the 19th amendment passed.

I've said on here before that we need a woman's face on a bill.

Apparently they started with 15 women candidates and had women vote on which woman they wanted to see on the twenty. (I cannot believe I'm just now hearing about it!) It's down to four now and I just cast my vote. You can too if you follow the above link. Who's it down to? Eleanor Roosevelt, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, Wilma Mankiller (what an awesome name!).

Check out the article on Yahoo, also linked above, to read more about the choices. Or read about the candidates directly on the website. Who would you vote for? I'd love to know. Actually, I hope you do go vote for whoever it is, so who WILL you vote for?

The website fully explains why it's down to these four women, why Andrew Jackson should get the "boot", and what you can do to help make this happen. I encourage each and every one of you to take the time to do some reading up on this. The site is very informative and helpful.

You can also follow them on twitter and make sure you stay up to date.


No comments:

Post a Comment